Full Job Description
Martin Aviation currently has an opening on our Aircraft Wash & Detail team for a dedicated, enthusiastic and motivated individual with prior experience, and/or an exceptionally strong interest in aviation. Our services include exterior wash and wax, interior cleaning, bright work, and deicing boot treatment on high-end private, executive and commercial aircraft.
- Perform routine wash & cleaning of interior and exterior of aircraft
- Perform polishing services utilizing powered buffers
- Itemize and provide to the shift supervisor details of all time and materials expended in cleaning customer aircraft to assist in billing
- Carry out carpet shampooing or other heavy-duty cleaning as required
- Advise Maintenance Supervisors of any items of interior or exterior requiring maintenance attention
- Bright work and wing boot cleaning
- Possess great attention to detail and pride in work
- Ability to work well unsupervised or with others
- Be able to work from heights (ladders and scissor lift)
- Familiarity with aircraft and airport assets
- Previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience preferred
- Must have reliable transportation to and from John Wayne Airport (SNA)
- Must have a clean criminal record for past 10 years and pass our pre-employment drug test
- Must have two forms of identification that show eligibility to work in the United States
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be detail orientated and willing to learn
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
Compensation package commensurate to experience. If you would like to pursue this employment opportunity, please apply by sending a resume, cover letter and salary expectations to the Indeed Application.
About Martin Aviation
As one of the region’s premier executive aircraft maintenance and repair operations, Martin Aviation’s rich history dates back to 1923. Eddie Martin started the original operation just blocks away in a dirt field at the corner of Main Street and Newport Boulevard with a fresh pilot certificate in hand, signed by Orville Wright. Nearly 95 years later, Martin Aviation is one of the longest continuously operated aviation businesses in the world, and is recognized as the leading fully staffed purpose-designed and operated turbine aircraft maintenance facility at John Wayne Airport.
Martin Aviation’s FAA-authorized Part 145 Repair Station (M8VR406N) is situated on 5 ½ acres on the West side of John Wayne Airport in Orange County, CA. The repair station serves as a maintenance provider for a wide variety of turbine aircraft types that include Citation, Challenger, Falcon, King Air, Learjet, Gulfstream, Hawker, Embraer, Caravan and Pilatus PC-12. In addition to turbine aircraft maintenance, including 24/7 AOG support, Martin Aviation customers enjoy a variety of in-house services, such as aircraft maintenance management, interiors, avionics (through onsite Leading Edge Avionics), battery servicing, detailing, ramp parking, hangar parking, office rental, and a fulltime staffed parts department. Martin Aviation even has onsite the world class aviation exhibit, Lyon Air Museum, which serves as an educational organization, as well as a multifaceted event venue for corporate events, birthday parties, holiday celebrations and wedding receptions.
Job Types: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Detailing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Aircraft Wash & Detail: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Driver’s License (Required)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
Currently, Martin Aviation has a screening process to check every visitor to our facility complete with temperature checks. Mask usage is in place.